There are 16 PCs in the LRC. All are linked to the school network and have access to the Internet. Microsoft Office 2003 is installed on all machines.
Black and White printing is free for the first 200 copies (for school purposes only) and allowances will be reviewed after this. Please use your allowance carefully.
There is a colour printer in the LRC. This costs 20p per A4 sheet.
Booking a computer
If you wish to use a computer, please use the booking sheet at the LRC desk.
Computers may be booked up to one week in advance.
Responsible Internet Use
Rules for Staff and Students
The school computer system provides Internet access to students and staff. This Responsible Internet Use statement will help protect students, staff and the school by clearly stating what is acceptable and what is not.
- Access must only be made via the user's authorised username and password, which must not be given to any other person.
- School computer and Internet use must be appropriate to the student's education or to staff professional activity.
- Copyright and intellectual property rights must be respected.
- Users are responsible for e-mail they send and for contacts made.
- E-mail should be written carefully and politely. As messages may be forwarded, e-mail is best regarded as public property.
- Anonymous messages and chain letters must not be sent.
- The use of public chat rooms is not allowed.
- The school ICT systems may not be used for private purposes, unless the headteacher has given permission for that use.
- Use for personal financial gain, gambling, political purposes or advertising is forbidden.
- The security of ICT systems must not be compromised, whether owned by the school or by other organisations or individuals.
- Irresponsible use may result in the loss of Internet access.
The school may exercise its right by electronic means to monitor the use of the school's computer systems, including the monitoring of web-sites, the interception of E-mails and the deletion of inappropriate materials in circumstances where it believes unauthorised use of the school's computer system is or may be taking place, or the system is or may be being used for criminal purposes or for storing text or imagery which is unauthorised or unlawful.
© Kent County Council 2001