Track & Field Cup, Hull
Two athletics teams qualified to compete in the North East Regional 'A' track & Field Cup Final in Hull last week.
The girls performances were fantastic increasing their round one points score from 286 to 345 finishing second behind Newcastle High.
The lads finished third behind two teams from Yorkshire but ahead of RGS, Newcastle increasing their score from 363 to 393 although we believe that there are 14 points to add taking us to 407 and second place.
Labour Win QEHS General Election
Congratulations to David Fava (Labour) who has won the QEHS General Election. Over recent weeks we have held a parliamentary election debate (broadcast by BBC Radio Newcastle) and four of our sixth form students have been passionately campaigning on behalf of the main political parties. Well done to all of the candidates who have done a fantastic job of raising awareness of the key issues. Be heard: vote on Thursday.Results
|David Fava||(Labour):||97 votes||Erin Stanbury||(Green):||32 votes|
|Rowan Pughe||(Lib Dems):||31 votes|
|Duncan Saunders||(Conservative):||28 votes|
As part of a Federation, Hexham Middle School and Queen Elizabeth High School share a single Governing Body of nine members. We currently have two vacancies for Co-opted Governors.
The Governing Body has three core functions:
- Defining the ethos, objectives and strategic direction of the schools.
- Holding the Executive Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the schools.
- Ensuring the sound, proper and effective use of the schools’ financial resources.
Whether elected or co-opted, the role of governors is to carry out these core functions, not to represent any particular stakeholder group from which they may be drawn. The role is very much like that of a non-executive director of a company or trust. The operational, day-to-day running of the schools is carried out by the Executive Headteacher with the Senior Leadership Teams.
A Level and GCSE Exam Results
A level results will be available for collection on Thursday 13 August from the Winter Gardens
Year 13 at 8am
Year 12 at 9am
GCSE results will be available for collection on Thursday 20 August from the Winter Gardens
Year 11 at 9am
Year 10 at 10am
If you are unable to collect your results on the day, please complete an alternative issue of exam results form, which can be downloaded by clicking on links below, or collected from outside the exams office.
- Alternative issue of Year 10 GCSE results
- Alternative issue of Year 11 GCSE results
- Alternative issue of AS/A2 results
Forms must be returned to the exams office by lunchtime on 10 July.
Upcoming Events when Normal Timetabled Lessons are Suspended
We have a number of events in the coming weeks for which the normal school timetable will be suspended for some year groups or for the whole school. As we have started our new school timetable already, Year 9 and 12 won’t begin their studies until September.
For the remaining year groups, the school timetable will run as normal except on the following days:
- Next Step Conference for Year 13 students (10 June 2015)
- Progression days (including university open days and other progression related activities) for Year 13 students (w/c 22 June 2015)
- Go-Global Day (activities based around the theme of global education) for Year 11 students (8 July 2015)
- Life-skills day for Year 10 students (8 July 2015)
- Activity, trips and visit days (for Year 10 and 11 students) which coincides with transfer day for our upcoming Year 9 students (7 July 2015)
- Whole school charity day (TBC, w/c 13 July 2015)
YDT present 'Down the Rabbit Hole'
Youth Dance Tynedale present 'Down the Rabbit Hole' at Queen's Hall Arts 10th & 11th July 7.30pm.
YDT's most ambitious project to date is a full length contemporary dance work inspired by Alice in Wonderland and performed by an exceptionally talented cast of young dancers.
Tickets can be purchased by following the link below.
Tynedale Schools athletics Championships
Another great day for the teams and athletes from QEHS at the Tynedale Schools Athletics Championships at Wentworth Park 18 May, 2015.
In total there were 32 events won by students from QEHS and a further 24 second place finishes were secured by students from Hexham. All of these students have now qualified to represent Tynedale at the Northumberland Championships on Satruday 13 June at Gateshead Stadium.
Well done to all those taking part.